Wade, Heath & Co are renowned for their production of Art Deco nursery ware typified by the Wadeheath Walt Disney range of characters that are extremely collectable at present.
The original pottery was formed by Henry Hallam in 1810 to produce ceramic industrial fittings. The company then moved to Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, England, in the middle of the nineteenth century and was taken over by George Wade in the beginnings of the twentieth century.
In the 1920’s the company divided to form A.J. Wade & Co. and Wade, Heath & Co. and it was the latter that produced the vast range of products with backstamp ‘Wadeheath England by permission Walt Disney’. The Flaxman Ware range or diverse Art Deco products was also launched at about this time, including functional wares and also decorative goods.